Monday, June 24, 2013

Building Beds

 
 
That first spring, with my bandnew baby tucked into her Ergo carrier.  I wandered our yard and considered the possibilities.  We had a whole mess of Iris bulbs scartered in bunches- along the ugly vinyl fenceing near the road, beneath the lilacs along the driveway, under the backyard windows.  I dug them up as I discovered them and set to carving out some perenial growing space.  I started my bed along the front walk way.  I used the Irises as my anchor and dug up the sod it sections. 

I stopped at a yard sale somethime along mid-summer.  I came across a box of Dragon's Beard Sedum with FREE written on it.  I added the Sedum to the muddy rectancles I had cut from our crass.  The sedum did well growing in between the Iris bulbs and it helped keep the grass from taking hold again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment